The Ragland Family Education Foundation Scholarship
Who: Oklahoma High School Graduates with at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above who plan to pursue a college/university degree with a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) major. Please note that careers in Medical Services (including, but not limited to, veterinary medicine, nursing, physical therapy, speech therapy, dermatology, and/or nurse practitioner) do not meet the criteria of this scholarship.
What: The purpose of the Ragland Family Education Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to Oklahoma high school students with limited educational funding who want to obtain a college degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
The scholarship program intends to grant $5,000 renewable grants to up to tow (2) qualified and deserving students in 2020.
Each Award is to be used solely for: (1) tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the student’s academic institution; and fees, books supplies, and equipment required for courses of instruction at the student’s academic institution, and (2) room and board and any other related educational expenses that the student may incur.
These awards offer:
1. $5,000 a semester for up to a total of four (4) semesters
2. Funds will be dispersed by check made payable directly to the student and mailed to the student as follows: $2,500 in August, $1,000 in September, $750 in October and $750 in November.
3. This scholarship is renewable for up to three (3) semesters as long as the student still meets the original scholarship requirements and:
- Completes a minimum of 12 semester hours towards their intended degree in the previous semester.
- Maintains an overall GPA of at least 2.5 in the previous semesters.
- Continues making positive progress towards a STEM degree.
- Remains a full-time student in good standing with their college or university.
When: Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Interview Date: April 2020
Awards Announced: May 2020
To Apply: Visit https://www.raglandfamilyfoundation.com/ for further eligibility requirements and to complete an online application.