Do you know any outstanding, amazing and wonderful high school juniors???
Are they an excellent candidate for Youth Leadership Oklahoma (YLOK)? YLOK was created in 2001 with the mission to develop a hope, pride and responsibility for Oklahoma’s future. This is an outstanding leadership opportunity for students who have demonstrated a unique ability to lead others while making a significant impact upon their school and community. The top 50 applicants will be selected based on proven leadership in their schools and communities, geographic, ethnic and cultural diversity.
The selection committee looks for students who represent our state’s best young leaders — those who have demonstrated leadership ability in activities such as student council, athletics, community involvement and service clubs. Keep in mind that with approximately 50 class members chosen throughout the state, selection will be difficult. Every effort will be made to select a balance of representatives from across Oklahoma.
The application can be downloaded from the website at www.leadershipoklahoma.com/youth-program/youth-application. Applications are also available from your school counselor.
Important Points for YLOK Applications
- Only high school JUNIORS are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, December 5, 2018. Faxed applications and emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Principals must sign the application form verifying the applicant’s GPA.
- There is no program cost or fund-raising required of the student or school.
- After the initial meeting and orientation, transportation to all activities is provided, therefore students will not need to provide or acquire transportation for the trip.
- Each student must be willing and available to attend the entire program, June 2-7, 2019 as a prerequisite for application.
- Applications MUST BE TYPED and complete for consideration.
Please see Mrs. Morrow for more information.